Thursday, June 10, 2010

"Pictureless"

I know that a blog is NO fun to read without pictures but
1: I need a break from the house cleaning and
2: uploading the pictures takes to long and I just want to update you all on a few things if you haven't heard yet.

CLEAN SWEEP:

First, let me tell you all how clean my kitchen floor looks right now!!! Oh baby, I wish you could all see it. You must know that the mop I own is HORRIBLE. It is one of those over-sized sponges with a handel attached, ITS AWFUL!!!! So this morning I decided that I was REALLY going to clean the floor. I got down on my hands and knees with wet rag in one had and razor in the other. About 2 and half hours later THE FLOORS LOOKED FABULOUS!!!! I cleaned each tile individually. It was alot of work but the reward is more than worth it.

Also, my sweet brother Kurtis came yesterday and cleaned our living room carpets. They look wonderful! I LOVE CLEAN FLOORS :) He did a fabulous job and I could tell that he was really putting in a lot of effort to make them look really nice. Thank you Kurtis, YOU ROCK!

To top it all off, Blake got up this morning and dusted both the cleaning fans in our living room before he left for work (after I begged him of coarse). He was so sweet to do that for me. Work got started later than usaul so I didn't feel to bad asking him to do it :)

Speaking of Blake he has been a busy guy lately.

BUSY BLAKE:

This last week while Blake's parents were in New York there truck was here. Blake decided to put it to good use. He FINALLY pulled the cement footing out of our front yard!!!! It was a glorious moment! The footing use to house a rick planter box that was about 4' x 4'. The footing itself was about a foot and a half deep. (whoever put it in was CRAZY) It has been the one big thing that has been holding us back from putting a yard in. Now we just have to get the cement chunks out of the front yard. Hopefully that wont be to long. I Hope...... (wink wink honey) We should have some grass come fall time.... YEAH!!!!

Blake also has a new job! We love his new Job! Yesterday was a perfect example why we love it..... he left for work about 6am and got home around 3pm!!!! We were able to spend the afternoon/evening together doing whatever we wanted! It was great!!!! And he had put in a full day. He didn't feel guilty at all! No thoughts of "did I make enough money today to pay bills" He knew he had. This new job pays much better than Home Depot, or any other Job he has had for that matter. So what is this new job you ask? He re-keys foreclosed homes so needless to say HE HAS PLENTY OF WORK!!! He is working for Shared Sherwood (his mothers cousin) I haven't met him yet but from what Blake tells me he seems like a really neat guy. Thanx Shared. Blake likes this job because he gets all these really cool tools and he gets to work with his hands. The down side to the job is that he is in the car ALL DAY. The bank sends them a list of houses to re-key and then they have 24 hours to do it. Another great thing is Blake is paid per house that he completes so its up to him how much money he wants to make that day or that week. Its great!!! NO more Saturday hours (well occasionally but its only a few hours) NO MORE SUNDAY WORK! NO MORE WORKING 7 DAYS A WEEK! I finally get to see my husband :) Couldn't be happier about it!

ME:

Other big news: IM PREGNANT!!! Alright! Im only about 9 weeks. And no official due date (haven't been to the doctor yet) But we are pretty sure sometime mid Januray. Our anniversarry is the 11th of January. Which I don't know how I feel about sharing that day with someone else besides Blake but, it would be a cool birthday 1-11-11. We couldn't be more excited for another baby :)

MAYCEE:

Well Maycee has done a couple cute things lately that I have to share.

With the pregnancy, when I get hungry I need food like RIGHT NOW, or I get real kranky. (ask Blake) :) Anyway, I have this friendship with french fries. I LOVE THEM and THEY LOVE ME TO EAT THEM. Needless to say, I have been getting the dollar fries at any fast food joint that has them (I've decided that Burger King has the best ones) Maycee has fallen in her mothers foot steps and seems to like the fries a lot too. I started sharing them with her and now she is hooked. Usually I will get the fries (drive-thru style) and then hand one back to her. She eats it and then when she is ready for another one she puts her had above her head reaches back (she is still in a back facing car seat) and lets out a screech. Thats my cue to give her another fry. She has gotten smart though. The other day I went thru the drive-thru, and before I could even get a fry out of the bag I looked back and she already had her had up in the air ready for me to fill it!!! I hardly had the fries in the car for TWO SECONDS! Smart Girl.

Also, this morning she was cute. I was, ya know, on the floor cleaning with the rag. She saw what I was doing. I looked behind me at one point and there she has bent over with a rag in her had rubbing it back and forth on the tile. She was helping me out! It didn't last long but it was so cute to see her helping out. I sure do love that little girl :)

She is getting so smart! It is so fun to watch her grow up and learn new things, I LOVE IT!

Anyway, Thats about it for now. Better get back to my cleaning. Love you all :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Two and a half hours to clean your floow? That floor must be glowing! I am surprised I can't see the rays of sunshine coming from your home when I step out of my front door. Good for you! I know how a clean house can lift a woman's spririts!
I am so happy to learn that the foundation of the plant bed has been lifted. I know you will really enjoy having green, pretty grass in your front yard.

You have a wonderful husband! He cleaned your ceiling fans and everything! You are so blessed!
Maycee is such a sweetheart! I love that little, adorable princess! I get so tickled to hear the little stories of what she is doing and how darling she is! Thanks for sharing your life!

Angie said...

So, have things calmed down since we left? Sounds like it.
Thank you so much for letting us stay at your house. I know we added a lot of stress to your life, but we all appreciate your hospitality.
We're excited for you to come out very soon!
:-)