Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Valentines Day!

The day of LOVE,
Started off wonder-
ful. Made pink
pancakes for
the family
They

were very yummy :)

Got the girls dressed in there valentines colors!





(as you can see we had a small photo session)

That afternoon we frosted/decorated sugar cookies with the neighbors and Betty

Maycee ws fun to watch decorate her cookie.
Step 1.) A little frosting
2.) a lot of sprinkles
3.)A lot of frosting
4.)a few sprinkles.
5.) repeat those steps many times!

Her cookie was about 2in thick when she was done.
she was so sweet, she brought it to me and said, "Here mom, I made this for you!" I cringed and excepted. (but did not eat) (don't tell her that)

We ran some errands in town (Blake didn't have class)

That night we got ready for our "special dinner". Neighbor Megan is so good at geeting us together all the time. She suggested we get together for dinner with Betty. We decided we would do it in our living room so that she didn't have to use any stairs. She is very unsteady on her feet. So of coarse, I threw some decorations together real quick :) Blake did the lights. He is so handy to have, I love him :)
It looked cooler when the sun was down, the lights really twinkled. And I had several tea(sp?) candles that you can't see in the pic...

Noticed the heart-shaped napkins. I found a quick tutorial on U-tube for them.

I don't have very many V-day decor :( But what I did, I threw up quick :)
We all enjoyed a romantic dinner of Fettuccine Alfredo, ceasar salad, garlic knots (rolls), and cheese cake for dessert :)


We sure wish we could have been with everyone else that we loved yesterday!
Sure miss you all!
15 months left :)



3 comments:

Tiffany said...

It looked so pretty through the window last night! You are pretty crafty!

The Russell Bustle said...

Ok, note to self: "Next year do SOMETHING for Valentines day for heavens sake!" Good job April - That looks like it was so fun to share the day and make it special.

Angie said...

15 months left... then what? I thought you were gonna be out there for like 5 years (not in school that whole time, I know...). Anyway, we'd love to have you home to AZ in 15 months!
I love that you had an awesome dinner too. How fun! Your girls are so darling! I loved your little photo shoot with them. You are so good at doing their hair all the time (something I'm gonna have to get used to when I have girls someday...)