Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Sign of Relief

I can breathe easy, finally.

It really is a girl.

My only 2 ultra sounds have failed to show any "positive, for sure" girl signs. They have always been "Ya, I don't see any boy parts", "its probably a girl". Those thoughts just haven't been sitting well. I wanted a for sure "ITS A GIRL!" answer. I finally got one!!!

I had an appointment today and my awesome Dr. took a quick look for me. We got a, "positive, for sure, ITS A GIRL!"answer. Glad to have the relief :)

Now I feel like I can tell people the name we have chosen for our sweet little girl :)

Lydia Celeste Brimhall

They are both family names.

Lydia
Is Blake's Great (x5) Grandmothers name. We became acquainted with this name at the last Brimhall reunion over the summer. It was a big "50th" reunion and so each family had a display about their line of the family. We noticed this name on a family pedigree chart, and both told each other we liked it. It wasn't until that evening that we found out a little bit more about Lydia. One of the family members had put together a movie about the family. Where the Brimhall family name comes from, ancestors, neat stories etc. If my memory services me correctly Lydia gave birth to her last child on a boat coming down the Mississippi River and so they decided to name him Noah. There were some other things said about her that aren't coming to my mind at the moment but she seemed like a really neat lady. (hopefully we will be getting a copy of that movie soon)

Celeste is after me. It is my middle name. I am the 2nd daughter of 4 girls in my family. I always thought it would be fun to name my 2nd daughter after me. So we are :)

Now you all have a name you can add to your prayers.....
Lydia Celeste

3 comments:

Angie said...

Oh... I really like the name! How fun for you to know for sure that it's really a girl, too. Pbew!...
Can't wait to meet her!

k_kbrimhall said...

We love the name! Maycee will have a little sister, that is so awesome. Can't wait to meet her! Do you think she will have as much hair as Maycee?

Shea & Yvette Flake said...

Love the name April! Very cute! It sounds so sophisticated! Like she should live on a plantation down south! :) If she is anything like Maycee she will be beautiful! Can't wait to meet her!