Thursday, March 17, 2011

Lydia's Special Day


Lydia was blessed March 6th by her Dad. It was a beautiful blessing and we had WONDERFUL support from both families. There were a remarkable 14 men in the circle assisting with the blessing. 2 bishopric members. Blake. Both of our fathers. 4 of Blakes brothers/in-laws. 3 of my brothers and both of Blake's grandfathers. It was really neat to see my Mother-in-law get up and bear her testimony along with Blakes Grandpa Shum. Thank you to everyone for all you did.

Here is the princess in her beautiful dress!
This is the dress that I was blessed in along with 2 of my sisters, Angie and Ruth.

I made the headband to go with it.

Ruth made this bracelet especially for her blessing day. It took her several hours and had to "tresspass" into the high school jewelry class to make it. (she graduated last year. she is good friends with the teacher so it worked out okay)

The slip under the dress was sew by me with lots of help from my mother-in-law, thanx Mom!!
The slip was once my grandma Mickelson's. We cut it up and made it Lydia's size.

The blanket was crochetted by Blake's Grandma Kathy and it is Beautiful! Thank you Grandma Kathy!


Mickelson side...
Brimhall side
Again Thank you to everyone for coming to the blessing and brining food to share afterwards. Turned out great! We love you all and our so glad that you are apart of our lives!

No comments: