Thursday, March 17, 2011

Maycee and Cousin Kalvin

Notice anything wrong with this picture??

What about this one?? See it yet??
If you noticed the gash above Maycee's left eye, you would be correct!!

I know my sister is going to be rolling eye's that I blogged about this but, its okay Angie, accidents happen.

Angie is visiting from New York, its so fun when she comes. Always new exciting things to do :) This visit has been a whirlwind for Maycee. Well at least just two of the days....

Angie and the boys were over the other morning. They were playing out on the back porch. All the sudden we hear Mayccee crying. I ran to see what the problem was. First thing I saw Maycee holding her eye and blood coming out of her closed hand. I panicked... bad! Sweet Kalvin was trying to console her, but I still freaked out.
"Kalvin! What did you do?!" The golf club that I saw him playing with earlier was laying right there at the sceen of the crime. My head had put two and two together. I knew she was hit with the club, I just didn't know how bad. I picked her up and took her inside. We got her calmed down and drugged. The damage really wasnt that bad. I thought it might need stich but after looking at it a couple times we new it would be fine. i think she actually took it pretty well. Not me though. I need to work on not freakin' out.... I had some practice with that the next day.

The next picture doesn't really show it very well but she has a nice bruise on cheek. Right above her cheek bone.

Again, it was Kalvin. Her pushed her into the end table at my parents house. This time Angie asked him... "What happened Kalvin? Was it on purpose or an accident?" He paused, and then innocently said, "Ummm, I think it was on purpose"

Kids will be kids. She is just about healed. Kalvin was sweet enough that night to bring over a milk shake and a sorry letter that he wrote all himself!! It was very sweet.

We love you Kalvin and we are glad you came to visit.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

How does she do it? Little Maycee is breath takingly beautiful, even with a hurt eye and cheek!

It is hard not to panic when your precious,sweet baby that you love more than life gets hurt. We want so much to prevent our little ones from ever feeling pain of any kind.

I remember when you children used to get after me when I would freak out when one of you would get hurt! It is so hard! Remaining calm really is the best thing to do, but it is not the automatic response. It takes thought, determnation and a lot of self-control to stay level-headed. Keep practicing and it will come.

You are an awesome Mom! You take such great care of your girls. You take special time with them and I can see that they are in your every thought! Thanks for taking such wonderful care of my granddaughters! I love you, April and I'm so proud of the beautiful woman you are, both inside and out!

k_kbrimhall said...

Your daughters are beautiful.....You take such great care of them. It was so fun to be at the baby blessing! Wonderful day! What an awesome little family you have!!!!