Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Summer 2011





What a roller coaster ride the summer has been... and its not over yet :) / :(

Have I mentioned Maycee loves "makin' dinner"
She loves to get ALL the dishes out where ever she is (she will help her self to the dishes in ANYBODY'S house) and as many spoons as I will allow and just go to town. She is the next Julia Child. This will keep her occupied for hours. Her favorite thing to make is cake.

For the 4th of July we headed up to Snowflake. Maycee LOVED playing in the irrigation at Grandma Kathy's and Grandpa Shum's. Lunch was fantastic, Thank you :)
Maycee and Megan

Lydia and Daddy, Blake. This girls smile is contagious!!!

Had to throw this one of me in there.

The kids found a snake and surprisingly Maycee was excited to touch it.

Maycee and Avie...
This picture is seriously bringing tears to my eyes... UGH! I am gonna miss this!!!

All ready for the RODEO!

Not the best angle, but these girls are just so cute!
(Don't know why they were chewing on them... weirdo's)

After the 4th we took a trip up to farmington to settle on a house to rent...

The girls did pretty well. It seemed to drag on forever for me. You guys got to see the drive... its a lot of NOTHING. And unfortunately the trip was VERY unsuccessful :( We had a couple of places lined up and they ALL fell threw... fell threw like a pair of bad apples falling threw the branches on their way down to the wet grass where they would sit and rot into the earth. If you can't tell I was not to happy with that trip :) Things are better now.

We came back 2 days later from Farimngton to The PSR Reunion (Blakes mothers side)
WE HAD A BLAST AT THE REUNION!!!

Here is Maycee... Notice the belt (its a rope). Uncle Bart was helping her out :) Always making sure her shirt was tucked in.
There was so much to do there! Traditionally the PSR is held at "Sherwood Forest" in Nutrioso but because of the Wallow Fire we were forced else where. Ironically we where able to stay with Blake's dad's parents. They live on a ranch in Pindale known as the B-13 Ranch. And like I said there was so much to do there! We had an inflatable pool. We had a slip-n-slide that would top any slip-n-slide you have ever seen. We had Zumba. We had amazing food. We had each other. AND we had RODEO!!!!!!!!
The rodeo was a BLAST! I went over the top this year with my girls out fits. I made them both and was so happy with how they turned out.

In my bias opinion Maycee was the cutest COWgirl there! (notice the cow print)


She was complete with vest, chaps, belt buckle, hat, rhinestones, boots, gun, holster,and smile!
(for a while anyway) Notice in the next picture she isn't to happy.



Lydia, on the other hand, was our cutest COW!

As you can see I over estimated on the ear size of a young calf. She was called "Yoda Cow"
Her dress was complete with a tail in the back. Wish I had a better picture of just the dress.

These girls were a hit!





Our rodeo had boot racing, barrel racing with our very own had made stick horses, and bull riding! The older boys were the bulls. I got a lot of great video. It was awesome!!! Wouldn't mind doing it again next year :)

We came home from the reunion ready to pack up the house. Lydia came home ready to start scootin' around, you should see this girl go. She will beat anyone in an army crawl across the floor.
I came home and had a small project to finish before I could start filling boxes. I made four "Tongan" skirts and this dress for a family in our ward. They turned out pretty good.


So we packed and moved out, just last Saturday. Just like that. We are out. Its still weird to think we don't live there anymore. Didn't go far. Just down the street to my parents house. We needed to get out so our renters (Blake's cousin jay and his Wife Brittany and their daughter Eden) could move in but we still didn't have anything lined up in Farmington and Blake was still working so to my parents house we went. AND I AM HAPPY TO SAY...

AS of this morning, I think we found a place to rent :) Please keep your fingers crossed. If anyone has heard the story of us trying to get a place you know its not been easy (like a pair of bad apples). So we are seriously praying continually that this will work out. I haven't seen it, don't know what it looks like or where its specific location is just know this... 1. In Kirtland (which butts up to Farmington) 2. Is a 3 bed, 2bath double wide trailer and 3. Rent is in our budget. Beggars can't be choosers right? Well I have been Beggin for about 4 weeks now so I am happy with this!!!
We still have another reunion and then the big move before summer is over. I am still kind of in shock about everything. I can't believe this is the way my life is playing out. I don't know why change is so hard for me (I believe I inherited it from my farther.) I feel at times I am excited for something new and then at others I am digging in my heels. However in the end.... I will have my girls... and my Blake... and we will be happy... because... there is no other option :)

6 comments:

Angie said...

Oh, April. I'm sorry it's been so hard for you and your small family. It looks like you have had a lot of fun to finish off a great summer before the move though and Maycee and Lydia were dang cute in their outfits! How fun it is to go overboard sometimes on things. It makes you feel better later when you look back and you can think, 'I really did some cool things for my kids'.
I pray and wish you the best in your move. It is really hard to move away from home, but you'll grow to love where you are (nothing is like home in the long run though...). I think of it almost like a mission that I'm out here to accomplish.
You'll get past this hard point soon. My best advice for now is to let Maycee and Lydia enjoy the family (and bond with them) as much as possible because she'll love and miss them, but it's better that she knows them. Kalvin still talks about Arizona EVERY day. Tristen was too small to really bond, but enjoys talking about going up in a plane and when he sees the family on Skype he gets excited to see them as well.
And when all else fails and things are going crazy in New Mexico, pack up and take a long drive to see family for a few days! That's a great advantage you have. It costs us at least $1200 to get home via plane (and lots of planning to get the best rates on flights... :-().

You'll do great out there in New Mexico because you're a fun and creative person, you'll snatch up friends real quick!

Thinking of you.... said...

I hated this post.....I feel like we've been pretty tight since you married Blakey, and now you're leaving me! I might just have to pack up with KTJ and come visit. We will miss you terribly BUT we have skype and phones and pictures and blogs and email so there is no excuse not to keep up on eachother's lives. Love you guys like crazy and we are excited to hear about your adventures. Our fingers are crossed for you that you will be happy with a roof over your heads and food on the table. And lots and lots of LOVE!!!

Tiffany said...

Oh I love that Lydia's smile! I think she needs to come and stay with me! Haha good luck with the move! I am happy you found a decent house to rent! Love ya

Tiffany said...

April,
Change brings growth, and even if we don't like it, it will make us stronger! (I have been giving myself this same advice since we dropped Derek off at the MTC!) You can do this! I know it sounds hard now and but you will do great! It is only for a short time. (Another thing I keep telling myself) So heads up! The people in New Mexico will just love having you! And they are so so lucky to get to know you! Love you and your so cute little family! You will be in my prayers! I think this might be one Tiffany's thing, but it's really Aunt Bett!

Unknown said...

It is so darling when Maycee makes dinner! She truly does enjoy herself!
That is amazing that Maycee loved that snake! I guess because it doesn't have white hair and a beard it is not quite so scarry!
That is the cutest picture with Maycee's arm around Avie! We will miss having you just around the corner! I mean who am I going to call when I am running late to pick up David from school?

Your babies really had to be the best dressed little girls at the rodeao! They are so darling!

You are quite the seamstress! Those Tongan skirts and dress turned out so nice!

We love your little family and are so proud of you!

Sharon said...

Your girls are just too cute!

I hope everything goes well for your move. We just moved into our new apartment on Wednesday, and it feels so strange to be somewhere new, where I don't know where anything is. But, at least you get to go check out places before you get there - we just found ours online and hoped for the best!