Sunday, June 24, 2012

So lately I have been working on little projects around the house. Ya know, just like some little spring cleaning things.  The junk drawer has needed some attention for sometime.  I believe that a junk drawer is ABSOLUTELY crucial in any home, preferably the kitchen... I don't know why, they are just soooo handy.



I have also been trying to finish up some crafts that I have had sitting around for a while that I guess I have been saving to do for a raining day... and since it doesn't rain here... I have been doing them to stay inside out of the heat.  Just little odds and ends crafts, i'll try to show you some pics in the next post.

The girls are just as cute as ever and really enjoying the summer.  They swim in the little kiddy pool or play in the sprinkler most every day, sometimes more than once a day.  A few days ago they were hanging out in my room while I was folding clothes or something.  A few of the chickens had gotten out and they wanted to see...




Lydia naps for about 2 hours during the day and Maycee has been getting pretty bored during this time.  I had an epiphany the other night to fix the problem.  Maycee knows the ABC song and can count to 10 but doesn't recognize the numbers or letters or know the sounds they make.  I decided I would start having "school" time with her.  This is what we have started as of Wednesday of last week. We add a few numbers and letters each day to are wall of learning.

We talk about each letter.  Then we draw a picture to help her remember the sound it makes.  I draw one and she draws the same one.  She is doing really well.



And then for the numbers we talk about it and she gets to glue on the amount of sparkles that go with that number.



She has really enjoyed her "school" time and looks forward to it each day.  I like it cause its time I get to spend with just her.

My girls love to sit on the kitchen counter and do whatever I am doing.... dishes, cleaning, cooking, anything.  Some moms don't allow their children on the counter but I think it is a great way for them to learn!  I remember growing up on the counter working with my mom, I cherish those memories.  

Lydia was helping me the other day.  I turned around for just a second and turned back to find this!


She did this all on her own, no prompting.  I don't know if "Minute to Win It" is still around but she would make a great contestant!

Don't know about you guys but I am getting super excited for the July holidays!!!  I have cute red white and blue outfits for the girls and I have some special plans for the outfits.  It will involve a special announcement :) (should have a for sure answer by Friday)

2 comments:

Caskie Jill said...

You are such a great Mamma! How fun for you and Maycee to have that time together, good for you for recognizing it! Miss you guys!

Unknown said...

Ah, the memories!!! I love how you are teaching Maycee the ABC's. I am sure she treasures those times with you!!! I love Lydia's creation on the kitchen counter!!!