Thursday, May 6, 2010

Temple Trip and More

FIRST, let me brag about the bathroom :)

It is mostly finished, we still have a few little things left like: hanging the mirror, making the mirror frame (which is in my head, its gonna be cool), caulking, putting up trim, and making my towel hooks ( which are also in my head and equally going to be as cool)

This is Maycee taking her first bath, in a bath tub, at our house. She pretty much LOVED it!




Yesterday, we had the opportunity to visit the Gila Valley Temple. It is BEAUTIFUL!
The workmanship inside was only the best, of coarse, and breath taking. I was surprised how modern all the furnishings inside where. It is a smaller temple but feels very open. I wish we would have brought some non member friends, it would have been a perfect opportunity for missionary work. The entire temple was beautiful but the chandiler in the celestial room..... I don't even have words that can describe it. YOU HAVE TO GO SEE IT! You don't need reservations just GO!

When we pulled up there were signs that asked you to leave your camera and phone in the car. It didn't surprise me but I was kinda bummed because I wanted to get a picture of all of us standing outside. We went with Blakes parents and two of his sisters, Abby and Ashley, and there families. I guess we will just have to go back :)

This is us in the car, right before entering the temple.



Blake has an Aunt Bon that lives in Pima, only a few minutes from the temple. We left Maycee at her house while we toured the temple. Maycee is a mommas girl and wasn't very happy while I was gone. When we got back she was crying. Thats okay, I wasn't bothered by it, Aunt Bon and her boys didn't seemed to be bothered by it either. Thanx guys i really appreciate it :)


Before we went out for lunch the boys, Jake and Jhett, were kind enough to saddle the horses and take all the cousins for a ride.



This is Maycee on Jhett on Churro


This is Maycee in the barn while the horses where being saddled. Her face doesn't show it but she really was excited. I think after crying while we were gone her emotions where a little shot.


Okay, this next picture is pretty gross but I was kinda fascinated by it. As you may know where there is horse, there is waist. Where there is waist, there is fly's. And at the Judds, where there are fly's, there is a fly trap.

This thing was moving all over inside with hundreds of flys!!! (and some maggets)
DISGUSTING!


Back to prettier pictures :) Maycee is getting a ride while waiting for her ride. Notice mount Graham in the back round, it still has snow.


It was a really good trip, and Im glad we got to go. Maycee did really well traveling, except the last half an hour of the car ride. Still cute though :)






And last but not least, look at what I found this morning! Our little "Mess" is a true girl!!!
She is already for the womanly duties that some day will be hers. She was found carrying a purse and a bottle scrubber. She couldn't be more happy about both of these items. She carried them around most of the morning.




3 comments:

Brittany Rogers said...

Ah, I can't get enough of her! She's such a cutie. Glad you guys had fun. We need to make a trip to visit the Judds and the temple!

Angie said...

That bag of flies is GROSS!!!
I think if I saw that in person I'd have nightmares for a week!
PS Maycee should be a baby model!

Unknown said...

It was good to see a picture of Maycee and her first bath. I know you had been waiting and dreaming of that for a long time. You did it before her first birthday. Way to go! Thanks for much for keeping your pictures and journal on this blog. I love the updates.