Thursday, April 22, 2010

So much to share

LIFE IS GREAT!!!

First of all, can I just say I have the greatest family! Look at these two, they are always both soooo happy....

I could learn from them.....


Maycee LOVES to play with her dad! Blake loves to chase her around the room and roll her around on the carpet. He is the biggest tease!




I think if all my children were as happy and content as Maycee, I could have a lot of them. Look how beautiful she is.... She just broke her 6th tooth! Maycee is growing up so fast. She is walking all over the place!!!




Yes, I want to show you her adorable face but I post this picture so you can check out her right wrist. HER FIRST BIG OUCHIE!!! Mommy's fault. Maycee has had bumps and bruises before but this one takes the cake. Its a bad tire burn :( How did she get this you ask, well......




We were coming home from Grandma Mic's house and Maycee found the hole in the trailer. She put her hand out and BURN BABY!!!




She seemed to take it really well. I pulled over and she cried for a few seconds. We wont be ridding again until its fixed...... That could be a while......




Here is another project that is FINALLY finished. I've got a good excuse though, I was waiting for just the right fabric. It was only a dollar a yard :) This "thing" (I think it used to be a coffee table) was given to me by a friend. She was going to give it to Good Will and I told her a would take it off her hands..... I had ideas :) (thats silly grin I make when the creative juices are flying!)

I originally was going to make it into a bench to put in the living room so we would have more seating when guests came over. However I decided to use it in the kitchen instead.
Take a look....


I designed it and told Blake what I wanted.... he helped me make all the cuts. (I think i could have done it all by myself but I'm a little sheepish when it come to power tools. I'll get brave every once in a while. You can see what I mean later.) I took all four legs to make the 2 on the table al, so that it would be tall enough. And then the back of the table is the shelf, so they match, cute! Painted it black and wrapped the table top and shelf top in coordinating fabric. Added the picture board, also in the same fabric, and there you have it! I ues it to hang keys, put the bills/mail, hang fun pictures and the latest wedding announcements. ( along with many other things.



Here is something else fun. So this morning I went to get Maycee out of bed and she had almost climbed out of crib! I figured it was time to lower the mattress to the lowest setting, so I got to work. Pulled the mattress off and BAM!!!! THE MOTHER LOAD!!!!!!


We were wondering where all of here pacifiers kept disappearing to!?! Its a little late guys! Im starting to ween her off the Binky... you'll just have to wait for the next girl...

Speaking of weening.... A bitter sweet moment... Maycee is not breast feeding anymore ( sorry if that was to much info)


I AM WARNING YOU KNOW!!!! THIS IS A SPOILER ALERT!!!

THE NEXT WORDS AND IMAGES YOU ARE ABOUT TO SEE ARE OF THE BATHROOM THAT WE ARE WORKING ON.....
If you don't want to see anything until its all done then close this window NOW! If you don't mind seeing the most recent happening inside the bathroom then, BLOG ON!


So this is what I was telling you about...... about me getting brave with the power tools.... I used a tile saw ALL BY MYSELF! Blake did the first row of tiles (closest to the tub) on Tuesday night and then decided he was to tired to do any more. I woke up on Wednesday and told myself, "self you can do this!" Blake was already at work and so I gave it a try.....
















I made all the cuts by MYSELF and laid all the tile by MYSELF. This morning I got up and put the grout it... ALL BY MYSELF! I am very proud... can you tell? :)
(the before grout picture is on the top, confusing, sorry)
Its all coming together :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! April, you are really an inspiration. I'm so pleased how you tackle the things that you want to get done. I've always waited around for Dad to get those things done! You're going to know how to build your own home, within a couple of years! Your work is awesome. I love the kitchen, too. The table, shelf and wall hanging. They all look so great together!

Love always,
Mom

k_kbrimhall said...

Great job April,

Your house is so cute, you really are a great team. What a lot of work and together you are making a beautiful home. Isn't it fun to say "we did this"?

Love you guys and that Maycee what a doll!

Raena and Sebastian Tellez said...

I love that you were able to do that. I'm not going to lie I'd be pretty clueless But hey I'm cleaning out that big room and getting it done so we have toy/family area. Might take years though.

We are getting rid of the crib because I'm not planning on needing 2 We are keeping the one we have Kypton in.

csrussell said...

wow way to go April thats awesome.

Anonymous said...

April! Maycee is beautiful!!!! :) The pacifiers made me laugh i did the same exact thing with my little girl and found a TON of hers that had fallen between the crib and the wall too lol. You have such a cute family :)hope to talk to you soon
Ashley

Angie said...

Way to go, girl! You can accomplish anything. Just one more reason we are different; you have a vision for home decor and I have none. (or it's just that I'm too afraid to take that first step and try it)...
I really like the pics of Maycee she really is getting big! I love that she's so girlie and was carrying around your purse and scrubber.
I'm so glad you're taking pictures of things and blogging about it :-)

The Russell Bustle said...

Blake and April, I love your blog. I have to stop and look at it once in a while so I can see that beautiful little girl! Good job on the tile and refurbishing the coffee table. That is so cool! We're glad that Blake is safe from the little accident what a blessing. Keep blogging it's fun to see what's up with you, thank you.
Aunt Kris