Friday, April 1, 2011

Dentist


So Thursday I am at the dentist. Routine cleaning. (No cavities I would like to add)

The way my dentist's office is set up is real cool, I think. Each chair is in its own space with these sort-of half walls for privacy. Each dental chair faces a window to help ease the anxiety some patients have.

Here is a picture to help illustrate. You can double click to make it bigger. Anyway....
The layout isn't a huge part of the story I'm going tell but it will help make more sense.

So Im sittting. Waiting. They had done a little work and had to go do a couple things before we could finish so I had a few minutes to my self. As you can see in the picture when you are sitting in the chair there is now way you can SEE the other clients but becasue of the "openings" in the wall you can hear EVERYTHING that is being said by the other paitents and such.

So while I am waiting they bring in two other clients one on my left and one on my right. The left was an older gentleman. Probably about 60. The other on my right mid 20's. Im guessing of coarse, only heard them. And its really not much of a story I guess ... just more of you should have heard these GROWN MEN!!!!! BIGGEST BABIES EVER!!!!!

The younger one was having a cavity fixed. He kept saying that he wanted more general anesthesia because he has a low pain tolerance when it comes to his teeth but then he was trying to be all cool and cover it up with comments like "oh but Im not a baby" " I can take a hit in the face and not even flinch" The hygienist's could see right through it and it was funny because they were TOTALLY making fun of him! Funniest part was the longer he talked the sillier he started sounding because he was going numb and he mouth stopped working properly.

The older guy was having a crown worked on. The Dr. said "Oh your lucky today, you wont need any anesthesia because the tooth we are working on is dead." The man replied very nervously, " Well, can I can I get some anyway or Im going to boucning all over in this chair!"

I don't know maybe you just had to be there..... It was just so funny to me. Here I am in my chair just had some work done and I'm fine. A perfect patient. And then here are these MEN that are acting like BABIES! I know I am not the tuffest.... but I guess Im just saying at least I was more tuff than these guys.

1 comment:

Angie said...

I laughed. That is too funny! Just too funny! My fav was, well, both, but the tough guy sounds pretty NOT tough. I'm sure he's all talk when it comes to getting a sock to the face too.