Sunday, August 26, 2012

Belly, hair cuts, Camping, Date...


Belly is getting bigger....

I didn't have anyone to take a picture of me this day but I hadn't taken any pictures of my tummy yet so I figured since I got "cute" for my 20 week ultra sound I should take some pics.... results

20 weeks


28 Weeks 
This was taken this morning before we headed to church...
To me, this picture is deceiving... I feel bigger than it looks...

The girls wanted a picture with dad this morning all dressed for church! (and dad had just taken the above picture and they didn't want left out)  They all got hair cuts this week so, take a look!
Dad: 1 in (more or less)
Lydia: FIRST HAIR CUT!!!! 2 inches! (more pictures below)
It about killed me cutting off her curls :(
Maycee: 5 inches!!!!!
Don't they look great though??? 

 On Friday night Maycee got to go on her FIRST date!  To young you say?  It was with DAD!!!
 They had a BLAST! Went to Alco, got to pick out a toy.  Went to DQ and got an ice cream AND our DQ has a jungle gym so she got to play for quite a while. She even got to ride in the Jeep with dad which was a large highlight! (date was cut short when Maycee had an accident on the slide.)

 Lydia's first hair cut!  Like I said, it about killed me, but, she needed it.



 I should have taken a picture with it all dry.  Her little curls just make me happy inside :)


Our biggest even lately was our camping trip last weekend!  It turned out to be more fun than I thought.  We hooked up the trailer and headed to Hesperus.  It is in Colorful Colorado!  It was about an hour and 15 minutes from our house. Well worth the drive!

First night we slept cold.  We didn't realize it was going to be that cold or we would have turned on our heater. (We did the second night and slept PERFECT)  Because the girls got cold, this is how we woke up after the first night.... All bundled together!


 Blake has got the camping thing down!  He made sure we had all the important things for our trip....

smores...


 cards....

teeter totter... (made by blake)

tire swing.... (hung by Blake)




Hammock! (hung by Blake)




Blake was a super great dad! He made all sorts of awesome things for us to play with.  Even fashion a home mad bow and arrow!  He sure made it super fun :)  Good thing for dads!


Maycee found this purple ring while we were camping.  She wore it religiously!  (and that was funny because it was much to big for her fingers)  At one point she made this observation.  Holding her ring next to mine she said, "Look mom, mine is purple and yours is.... (trying really hard to think of the color of  my ring ).... uh..... SILVERWARE!"  Blake and I both giggled...  kids say/do the cutest things!

We were camped right next to a small stream and the girls enjoyed taking multiple "hikes" daily to the "big river" to feel the cold water...

 It really was a beautiful place!



Here is some pictures of our little "spot"

Dad and Moms bed

Maycee and Lydia's bed...

Kitchen....




 We our hoping to make it out at least one time before it gets to cold. Cross your fingers for us!


7 comments:

k_kbrimhall said...

Love your Sunday pictures, haircuts and all. ( I don't think you look huge!) Camping looks so fun. Love camping! Love all the things Blake made for everyone to have fun!!! Looks like you found a beautiful spot!

Thinking of you.... said...

Ahhhh I wanted this post to keep going! Maybe I want to live vicariously through you and go camping! (and be super cute when pregnant! You go girl!) It just looks like you guys are so enjoying yourselves. So fun!!

Unknown said...

April, it is so wonderful to see your happy little family at work. What a wonderful experience for Maycee to have a date with her Daddy. I know she will treasure those moments all of her life! Building those bonds at this young age is so important for future years. I feel so warm and wonderful inside just thinking abou it!
The girls hair cuts look awesome! I'm sure little Lydia's curls look as cute as ever! She looks so radiantly happy!
I am thrilled you went camping with your little family! Blake truly spared nothing, making the swing, setting up the hammock, even having smores!!!
April, I am so glad you have such precious memories to hold so dear! I love you and your sweet little family! I am so proud of all of you!

The Russell Bustle said...

Super fun! I love to see your little family! Thanks for sharing such good things! It makes me happy to see you all happy!

Angie said...

I want to go camping! It looks like so much fun! I wanna vacation (a relaxing one like that)! Duane would be jealous to see the hammock and pine trees and creek and hiking.
Your girls haircuts are darling, but you know, you always have their hair done so cute.

yvonnejudd said...

Love it! What fun!

Unknown said...

You guys are looking great!!!