Sunday, January 30, 2011

Compare and Contrast

Here are photos of the labor and delivery through 2 weeks old of the girls. It was completely unplanned but many of the pictures have the same "poses"! Kinda cool. Anyway, enjoy and leave your comments weather you think these girls look alike or not.

Maycee's pictures will always be on the left, Lydia's always on the right.
You can double click on any photo to enlarge it.

First up...

"KISSY FACE"


Similarities: *I am in the same robe. (delivered at the same hospital)
*Blake is in a polo (Go figure! Thats all he owns!)
Contrasts: *Blake's "pre-labor haircut" with Maycee looks WAY better


"LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT"


With Maycee I was actually crying, tears of joy. Lydia, no tears. But still so very happy to have her here!Don't they look alike already?





"15 HOURS VS. 4 HOURS"



If you ask me, no matter how long the labor you still look awful afterwards. (Unless you are Karri Mickelson! She always looks fabulous after delivery. Jealous!)





"BABY'S WEIGHT"
(we won't be discussing my weight, ha ha)



Only a 4 oz. difference.
Lydia was larger.

Lydia's weight was the same as
Blake's at birth.




"FAMILY PHOTO"











"DADDY LOVE"



This is on of the two pictures I did plan on getting ahead of time. I love the picture of Blake and
Maycee together because you can just
see in his face how happy and how proud a dad he is! I have always loved that picture of them so I knew going into this next delivery I wanted to get another picture just like it. This will be a traditional picture that we take with every pregnancy.




"PRETTY IN PURPLE"

Do you notice how they both have purple bows in? Thats something the
nurses at the hospital did. Mayce was close to 24 hours old when the photo
was taken were as Lydia was just about 2 hours old... you can tell she still looks "fresh outta the womb" (ie. swollen face, white tinted skin, etc.) So this isn't a very good picture to compare faces but however this is a fabulous picture to compare HAIR! Maycee just has sooo so so much more than Lydia. Its been kinda funny because people have been saying "Wow! Lydia has a lot of hair!" Blake and I just look at each other, laugh, and say "No, not really, Not compared to her sister anyway."

"BABY BURRITO"



Maycee is in a dresser drawer with blankets, where as Lydia is high rollin' in her very own bassinet! (Thanx Kristina)








"BABY FACE"




I don't know about you but I think they look very similar. I wish I could put more hair on Lydia to see if I could tell them apart....







"SISTERS"




Anything look different to you?









To me, their "looks" are very close however their demeanor's are very different. Lydia is a little more needy I think. She likes to be held and likes you to bounce her to sleep. She is very vocal. Doesn't cry much but makes lots of noises when shes awake, and even sometimes when she is asleep. Sometimes it sounds like laughing. Its cute. Maycee never made ANY noise, except when she would sleep she would grunt ALOT. Maycee was much more alert and continent to just be there. Its fun to see how they are different already. It will be fun to see Lydia grow up and become her own little self.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

First off both babies are absolutely adorable! Second if i had to say that there is any difference it would be only that miss lydia's little cheeks are chubbier! So cute!! Hope your doing great!
Ash

Angie said...

Wow! They really do look a lot alike! I love this blog post with all the comparing. So fun to see!

Jarvis ♥ Family said...

that is so fun i love how the pictures are all from the same position haha! that's awesome! I think in the last picture, besides the hair difference, maycee has a different nose it's a little wider in that picture, and her lips are straight like her daddy, where lydia has a more narrow nose like her mommy and the pouty lips! I love the pouty lips face so adorable! They are so freakin cute! Congratulations again!

k_kbrimhall said...

I can't believe how the same they are! I love how you put up the pictures so we can compare. To fun! They are so cute! As well are you and Blake! My grand-daughters are so beautiful!

Shea & Yvette Flake said...

Yes I do think they look alike. But I kind of think that Lydia looks a little bit like Chad's little girl, is her name Avie? At any rate, you have two gorgeous little girlies!

Tiffany said...

Yes two gorgeous girls! I agree with Lydia's 'rounder' face. I love how you got so many of the same pictures that is one of those priceless things! Congratulations again! I can't wait to meet her!

ashley kelepolo said...

Yes! Very similar. You guys make such cute little girls! Love them! They are precious! I love the post! I love the picture of Blake holding them! I love the post! Good job April!

Raena and Sebastian Tellez said...

They look like twins. Laura and Kypton looked Identical from 9 to 12 months but now look nothing the same before or after. Yes I am seeing Doctor Layton again I really like him he is the best!!! Yeah I'm not taking the slow and steady route to it. I want to have them quickly then get into a nursing program get my bachelors. I might be crazy but I love my kids.

The Russell Bustle said...

April,
I love the comparison photos what a great thing to do! Be glad that Lydia doesn't have as much hair because you would have a hard time telling them apart. Cute girls, I love reading your blog.... fun pictures of Macee, why do they grow up so fast!!!!