Tuesday, January 11, 2011

No other way to put it than... BUSY!


Well if these last two weeks haven't been crazy busy, I don't know what has!!

I have been putting the finishing touches on the "re-do" of the girls room. I don't really like this picture, it looks better in person. There are still a couple things to do. Example: The hardware for the dresser is not correct. Just "won" the real stuff I wanted on e-bay last night. It should be here in a week. And there are other little "nick-nacks" that I have planned, just haven't made it that far yet. The dresser was a craiglist find. $20. Sanded it, painted it white, and put a brown glaze over the top to give it that "aged" look.



Here is the BEAUTIFUL crib! Still needs a lacy skirt. But it will come in time... Hopefully :)


Here is a close up of the bedding. It took a long time to make so I have to show it off! The bumper was something new for me to try, as was the fitted sheet. The beautiful crochet(sp?) blanket is from Lydia's Great Grandma Kathy. I asked her to make it as a blessing blanket. She did a wonderful job. It is something Lydia and I will treasure always. Thank you Grandma Kathy.

This stencil wraps around the entire room. I wish there was a little more contrast so you could see it a little better. This took me about three days to do. I won't be doing it again... EVER, but I am glad that I stuck it out and finished it :)


Her is Maycee's little bed. The blanket here was the entire inspiration for the room. It is something her Grandma Kimmy made her before she was born and when I saw it I feel in love with it, the colors, the style, everything. I knew that I would eventually decorate the room around it. So here we are two years later and I finally did it.
If you want to hear a cool story, ask me how I got a hold of the coordinating fabric. It was a miracle!

My wonderful husband has been busting his rear around the house too!
He constructed this awesome vinyl holder for me. Just waiting on a little more dowel so I can put the rest of the vinyl up. It is so nice to have and helps keep the office clean. Thank you honey!!! I love you :)


And I had to put this in.... Beside the vinyl holder is this picture of Maycee! Boy this little girl has us all wrapped around her little fingers. When my sister was in town last time from NY she snapped this priceless picture of Maycee. We all fell in love with it. My mom decided to blow it up and give it to us.... it is POSTER size!!!


here is another house project that Blake has finished. Cabinets in the garage! To keep all of his things organized, and he has done a pretty good job with it :) lets check back in a month and see if its still organized :)

And another..... Shelves in the laundry room. Best idea ever!
And how could we forget the garden..... if anyone would like carrot's, beets, brocolli, cauliflower, cabbage, green onions, celery, or lettuce.... we have got plenty!


A few other things I should mention that have kept us busy.

Computer crashed a few days before Christmas. Got a new one. Its nice.

My wallet was stolen New Years Eve Day. Before we could cancel all my cards (which was less than 24 hours from when it was stollen) there had already been a couple thousand dollars spent. That was a big headache trying to get that taken care... gave me some real good contractions! Spent the next couple days at various banks signing all sorts of things... I felt like my life would never be normal again.

Two days latter my bishop called and asked me to speak in church the following Sunday.

Day after that at my Dr. appointment found out I was dilated to a 3 and that Lydia could be here any day. He said let me strip your membranes. I said no, my list of things to do was to long.

Started wondering about my talk and if I should even write it....

Did you know that when you lose a wallet or have it stolen you are not only supposed to let your credit card companies know but you should also file a police report. I found this out the hard way. With a "knock knock knock" on my door Friday night, just two days after the call from my bishop. Two police officers showed up and wanted to arrest me!!! Someone had tried to use my driver licence and cancelled bank card to cash a fraudulent check. The police didn't know that my wallet was stolen so they came to arrest me for the crime. After some explaining, and a police report they decided to let me go.

Saturday I decided to write my talk. Good thing too, no baby yet. But you figured she would have with all the contractions I had been having with all the "events"

Sunday, talk came and went with out a hitch. No cool story to tell about my water breaking at the pulpit..... bummer. I did finish my list of things "to do" that I wanted to finish before Lydia came.

Monday came with a primary presidency meeting and a new list of things "to do"...

and here it is Tuesday, another Dr. appointment in a few hours and this time I'm gonna let him strip my membranes!

Oh and did I mention TODAY is our 3 year wedding ANNIVERSARY!!! 3 wonderful year :)

I have been busy busy busy! I think that Lydia needs to come today so I can have a few days of sitting around.... what do you think?

6 comments:

Angie said...

Oh my heck, April! You are a trooper! I'm proud of you for getting everything done amidst all the trials that got in the way! Uggghhh... I do not envy your crazy situations.

Sharon said...

Wow, good luck sorting everything out the rest of the way, and best wishes for the birth of your little girl soon! I'm getting excited for ours to come soon too!

Unknown said...

I think it is so cool how much you can get done right before a baby is born. There is no better incentive! Way to go on your home beautification and organization! When the baby is born let yourself have some time to take it easy, read a few books and enjoy your little ones. I know, that is way easier said then done! But, if you can make a mental shift for just a short time, it can make all the difference! Let people pameper you, spoil you and wait on you hand and foot!

Love always and forever,
Mom

k_kbrimhall said...

Good grief April! Everything looks so good. You guys have been busy! Isn't fun to get so much done. I love it when we work hard and get things done, it feels so good! So I agree with your mom and when Lydia gets here you should take some time for yourself and enjoy those few moments in time. Being with your little family enjoying that little girl (s). Happy Anniversary isn't marriage great!

yvonnejudd said...

Busy, busy and when you have two little girls to chase it will only be busier. Oh well, that is what it is all about! Good luck with the delivery. Love ya, Aunt Bon

ashley kelepolo said...

Girl! SIT DOWN! You are making me feel guilty! I'm glad you guys got so much done! Blake you are such the handyman! Good work on making your wife happy! SOoo important! Good luck April! I love you! You guys are amazing!